With more than 27 years of experience, Daniel J. Melican P.C. has represented clients in thousands of cases throughout the State of Michigan. Daniel J. Melican is a successful and experienced trial attorney. He has represented numerous clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting in millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, as well as achieving success in various cases ranging from murder to drug dealing, weapons offenses, criminal sexual conduct, robbery, carjacking, assault and drunk driving.
Daniel J. Melican has been the senior partner with the firm of Daniel J. Melican P.C. since 1987. He has over 27 years experience in plaintiff’s personal injury and other civil litigation as well as defense of criminal cases including extensive trial work. Numerous jury trials in various local District Courts, Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County Circuit Courts, and Federal District Court. Certified by the Wayne County Circuit Court Criminal Division as qualified to defend Capital cases.
- Certified as civil case mediator by Wayne County Mediation Tribunal Association
- Certified by Wayne County Circuit Court as qualified to defend capital cases
- Yearly participation in Wayne County Criminal Advocacy Program
- Psychology degree and extensive study of criminology, serial killers, cult leaders
- Cases featured in the Detroit News, Detroit Free Press and the Oakland Press
- B.A. Michigan State University 1981
- J.D. Wayne State University 1985
- Licensed to practice law in: The State of Michigan, The State of New York
- Various Federal jurisdictions including: Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, United States Court of Appeals for Sixth Circuit
- Member of State Bar of Michigan
- Member of State Bar of New York
- Member of Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar